Simon Fitzpatrick – “The Planets Suite”
“Voyage through the solar system from Mercury to Neptune with the bass guitar as your guide!
“Simon Fitzpatrick has reinterpreted Gustav Holst’s classical masterwork through the medium of his own instrument, the bass guitar. Multi-layered basses are supported by Chapman Stick and Minitaur Synthesizer to create a brand new vision of the British composer’s much loved celestial suite. The many timbres available on the bass guitar are used to emulate the various orchestral departments which are so well exploited in the composer’s original arrangement. In “The Planets Suite” Fitzpatrick deploys the full range of his technique to create all the colours and moods evocative of our planetary neighbours, veering between layered grooves, soulful melodies, virtuosic flourishes and atmospheric soundscapes.”
Download “The Planets Suite” Album from these sites and more:
CDs available here.
1. The Planets Suite, Op. 32: III. Mercury, the Winged Messenger
2. The Planets Suite, Op. 32: II. Venus, the Bringer of Peace
3. The Planets Suite, Op. 32: I. Mars, the Bringer of War
4. The Planets Suite, Op. 32: IV. Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity
5. The Planets Suite, Op. 32: V. Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
6. The Planets Suite, Op. 32: VI. Uranus, the Magician
7. The Planets Suite, Op. 32: VII. Neptune, the Mystic